Medium: printwork - monotype and solarplate intaglio using water and soy-based inks on archival paper
As an artist, I am committed to:
• Allowing my work to ever-evolve as an organic synthesis of mixed media—encaustic (beeswax + damar resin), recycled materials, solarplate intaglio and found object framework.
• Choosing to experience each moment with passion, authenticity and presence.
• Creating a peace-filled and intimate studio space and establishing flow thru meditation.
• Layering unique elements of the human experience into each piece, thereby creating a threaded symbology that reveals the depth of my own transparency.
• Respectfully and gently unearthing the found objects that appear in my work, reflecting not only my love of alchemy, but my commitment to the planet.
• Sharing my love of poetry, philosophy and connection to Zen Buddhism.
• Appreciating each moment I spend in my early 1900s cabin at 8303 ft. and the beauty of all that surrounds me.
In this way, each work is not only a reflection of my soul, but an invitation to experience art as life and life as art.